Saturday, May 30, 2015

My True Love Gave to Me Review

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

Book talk: Whether you love or loathe the holidays everyone can agree that it's a time of year when emotions run high.  That's why they make such a great backdrop for these short, romantic stories.  An all-star cast of authors brings variety to this collection from serious to sweet to laugh-out loud funny. The only thing they all have in common is a holiday setting from Hanukkah to New Year's Eve and a romantic plot line. A perfect pick to get into the holiday spirit any time of year.

Rave: Like any collection there were some stories I enjoyed more than others but there weren't any I disliked.  There were a few I absolutely adored by favorite authors or new ones I have to now investigate.  The stories do a good job representing a diverse range of characters and love stories.  Bonus hint: the couples in the stories are depicted on the cover of the book.  It's like a game trying to pick each one out as you read their story.

Every book its reader: I'd give this to anyone 7th grade and up looking for a light, romantic read.

Topics and Trends:  LGBTQ, diversity, holidays, romance, short stories

Source: gift

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins: buy it or check it out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment